6 KEY BENEFITS OF SHUTTERS WITH IMPORTANT CONSIDERATIONS
Exterior shutters make for an appealing home addition not only because they are aesthetically pleasing, but also because they offer many practical benefits. If you have been considering exterior shutters for your home’s windows, you have come to the right place! In this post, we will introduce you to the top six reasons why exterior shutters make great additions to your home.
- Exterior Shutters Provide Additional Security: Many exterior shutters come with some sort of lock or latch that you can use to close the shutters whenever you please. One advantage of having exterior shutters that you can easily open and close is being able to keep them locked shut during a particularly windy or stormy day. By closing your shutters, you can enjoy extra protection for the windows of your home. Additionally, if you can lock your exterior shutters from the inside, you will have added protection against potential home invaders who might try to come through your windows. Having both your shutters and your windows locked will provide greater security against outside threats.
- Exterior Shutters Mean More Privacy:Whenever you want a little more privacy in your home, all you have to do is simply close your exterior shutters. While most windows have blinds or curtains, they don’t always do the trick of providing your home with full privacy. But by taking advantage of your exterior shutters, you can have double the privacy that you normally might. Certain exterior shutters made out of particular materials may also be able to provide you with a certain level of noise and light control, shutting you off from the nuisance of bright streetlights and loud neighbours. Finally, shutters can be designed to be opened and closed partially or all the way. If you still want to let a bit of natural light into your home but want some extra privacy at the same time, you can partially close your shutters and get the best of both worlds.
- You Can Choose a Custom Design That Best Fits Your Home: Exterior shutters are a core part of the design of your home. Naturally, you want shutters that represent your personal style. The good news is that exterior shutters come in all different shapes, sizes, materials, and colours and you are bound to find something that meets your design expectations and that suitably fits the overall look of your home.
- Exterior Shutters Can Instantly Improve the Aesthetics of Your Home: If you want a relatively affordable way to instantly spruce up the appearance and aesthetic appeal of your home, adding exterior shutters to your windows is a good way to do that. By adding something to your windows that complements the colour and design of your home’s façade, curb appeal goes way up and adds some extra charm and distinction to your property.
- Exterior Shutters Can Help You Save Money on Your Energy Bills: Looking for a simple and effective way to cut down on your monthly energy bill? Invest in some exterior shutters. By having exterior shutters on your windows, you can close out sunlight during the day that can be causing your home to heat up and leading you to spend more money on your air conditioning bill. Alternatively, during the cold winter months, you can keep your shutters wide open to allow the sun to come in through the windows and warm up your home, thus enabling you to spend a little less on your monthly heating bill.
- Exterior Shutters Play a Role in Protecting Your Property: As mentioned in one of the early points, exterior shutters protect your home by making it more difficult for home invaders to trespass in your home. However, there are also other ways that exterior shutters can protect your home. In the event of a severe storm, closing your exterior shutters can protect your windows from tree branches, hail, and other harsh elements that could damage your windows and the interior of your home.
Although it is incredibly helpful to be familiar with the many benefits of exterior shutters, there are also a few other important things to know about before making an investment. Below are a few key considerations you should keep in mind when picking out shutters for your home:
What is The Weather Like Where I Live? Do you live in a warm climate or do you live in a place where long, harsh winters are the norm? Or are you accustomed to the potential for extreme weather conditions like severe thunderstorms or even hurricanes? The weather in your region should play a role in how you shop for exterior shutters. For harsher weather climates, you will want to invest in shutters that are designed to withstand specific weather conditions. If you aren’t familiar with the different types and materials available, you can always speak to an expert manufacturer and they will help you find the right shutters.
How Do I Pick Shutters That Are Flattering to My Home’s Façade? Perhaps you have a natural talent for home design. But if not, it is immeasurably invaluable to have the help of an expert when deciding on the right exterior shutters for your home. Shutters can make or break the curb appeal of your home and you want to invest in something that enhances the look of your home. If you are uncertain on how to go about finding the right shutters for you, you can always consult with a manufacturer before making your purchase. Such factors including size, style, shape, and colour should influence your final decision.
Are you interested in learning more about the benefits of exterior shutters and why they would make a great addition to your home? Or are you looking for exterior shutters for a commercial property you own? Don’t hesitate to reach out to us today with any questions you might have.