Our Parkwood Solid Timber doors are designed to be used in weather-protected situations. Timber is a beautiful natural product, creating a solid, attractive entry door. Nevertheless, if it is left exposed to the elements without adequate protection, it will not last.
Consequently, the door requires the following:
- A minimum porch roof or protection of 1200mm.
- Protection from direct sunlight, driving rain, and other extreme conditions. The door should not be exposed for more than 4 hours per day.
- All 6 faces to be pre-finished (coated) with a film-forming product.
- A well-maintained coating.
Film-forming products do not include oils, but contain other products in a variety of desirable colours.
Providing these conditions are met, your Parkwood solid timber door is covered by a 5-year warranty.
The Parkwood Guarantee is VOID if:
- Oil or penetrating stain is applied as a finish – even if this is recommended by the manufacturer.
- The timber door does not have sufficient cover (minimum 1.2m).
- Timber doors are exposed to driving rain or prolonged sunlight (more than 4 hours a day).
- The timber door is finished in a dark colour (Colour requires to have a LRV rating of higher than 40%), as this attracts the heat.
- Seasonal and geographic variations in atmosphere can cause some shrinkage or expansion in a product – this does not constitute a defect.
- Natural variations in the colour of timber are not considered defects.
- Doors should be stored away from direct sunlight in a clean, dry place.