At Parkwood, we strive for excellence in all we do, and this shows not just in the end result, but in all the steps along the way - from design to delivery.
That’s why every Parkwood door comes with a generous warranty - so you can trust that your door will stand the test of time.
Solid Timber Door Warranty
The Parkwood range of Solid Timber doors are designed for use in weather protect situations. Timber is a beautiful natural product, and creates a solid, attractive entry door. However, it will not last if it is exposed to the elements without adequate protection. In basic terms, this means the door must:
- Have a minimum porch roof or protection of 1200mm
- Not be exposed to driving rain or direct sunlight for more than 4 hours per day
- Be pre-finished (coated) in a film-forming product, on ALL 6 faces
- Have a well-maintained coating
Film forming products exclude oils, but includes other products in many desirable colours.
The Parkwood Guarantee is VOID if:
• An oil or penetrating stain is used as the finish – even if recommended by a manufacturer of such products
• A timber door has insufficient cover (min 1.2m)
• A timber door is exposed to driving rain or long periods of sunlight (more than 4 hours per day)
• A timber door is finished in a dark colour (Colour requires to have a LRV rating of higher than 40%), as this attracts the heat As the product can easily be damaged, please be responsible to take care and wrap or cover it with some protection to ensure it is in good condition before and after coating, until site work is finished. Enjoy your door for years and years to come.
• Due to seasonal and geographical variations in atmosphere, moisture can cause a certain amount of shrinkage or expansion in a product – this is not a defect
• Natural variations in colour of timber is not considered a defect
• Door must be stored in a clean, dry area away from direct sunlight
• Parkwood will not be held responsible for additional charges of hanging or painting or any other charges arising from the replacement of products
Please contact Parkwood if you have further questions or concerns with Solid Timber Doors.
Duramax Composite Door Warranty
Duramax Composite Entry Doors are warranted for 10 years in fully exposed conditions.
As the door has fibreglass/resin on all edges, it doesn't have to be painted to be warranted.
Some points to remember when painting or staining your fibreglass door:
- Colours with LRV of more than 10% must be used (see your paint manufacturer for the LRV rating)
- All sides of the door must be coated in the same products and colour
- Parkwood don't recommend gloss colours as they can show a slight 'wave' in the door
Aluminium Door Warranty
Aluminium doors are covered by a five year warranty.
Some powdercoats have a 10 or even 15 year warranty.
Colours shown on the website and in Parkwood brochures are indicative only. Please request actual samples before confirming your choice of colour.
Parkwood now offer clients a Full Cover warranty option on all doors!
This will be in addition to the Standard Warranty which covers 5 years with full replacement of the door if faulty (and meets warranty conditions). The ‘Warranty Plus Cover’ comes at a small cost which you can on sell to your clients as a ‘Peace of Mind Warranty’.
What your standard warranty covers:
- Door repair or replacement only
Warranty Plus offers an additional level of assurance which includes:
- Standard door repair or replacement as outlined in the warranty
- PLUS door fitting
- PLUS door finishing
- PLUS re-fitting of any hardware
Warranty Plus covers up to $500 of re-fitting and re-hanging costs. Please state ‘Warranty Plus’ on your order to activate this option.
Parkwood will work with the Builder/Home owner and sort out all relating problems if the quality/workmanship fails. All problems relating to the door that Parkwood supplied would be fixed by Parkwood. Please note that NO Parkwood warranty is effective if our ‘Guarantee of Quality’ is not followed and met. (All doors have this attached to the edge and is also detailed in Parkwood brochures).